Discover Walking Pembrokeshire
Let’s Walk to the Top of Pembrokeshire!
24 Sept 2016
Meet at 13:00
- £10 per person or £15 per couple
- Booking is Essential (call Ian on 01239 821631)
- A guided walk from Bwlch Gwynt car park to Foel Cwmcerwyn and then on to Foel Feddau and return.
- Let this be your Pembrokeshire Epic challenge for 2016.
- This 5-mile walk will rise gently by 146 meters and will:
- Take you not only to the top of the highest peak in the mystical Preseli Hills, but the highest point in Pembrokeshire and the whole of west Wales!
- Provide stunning views over the entire Preseli ridgeline and part of the Golden Route used by traders over thousands of years.
- And if the weather is kind, views across to Ireland and to Snowdonia.
- The leisurely pace (we’ll take about 3.5 hours with stops) and outstanding views will convince you that you will want to do it again another day!
- The walk will be led by Ian Pattinson from Discover Walking Pembrokeshire: he is an experienced guide and walk leader and will explain about the pre-history, geology, flora and fauna and a dollop of folklore!
Additional Challenge: After returning to the car park, Ian will lead an additional walk up to Foel Eryr and back (an additional 2 km and a climb of 62 meters).
Clothing: Warm clothing and stout walking shoes or walking boots. Waterproofs. Water. Spare warm clothing in a rucksack is recommended.
Exact Meeting Point: Bwlch Gwynt Car Park on the Haverfordwest to Cardigan road (B4329). Grid reference SN075 322