Discover Walking Pembrokeshire
Let’s See Some Seal Pups!
25 Sept 2016
Meet at 13:00
- £10 per person or £15 per couple
- Pre-Booking is Essential (call Ian on 01239 821631)
- A guided walk from Porthgain to Abereiddy and return to enjoy the spectacular views of the coast and seal pups. Let this be another Pembrokeshire Epic challenge for 2016.
- A 4-mile walk along the coast will take in:
- the slate and granite mines of this once bustling port;
- one of Pembrokeshire’s most beautiful and often forgotten beaches;
- the famous Blue Lagoon – the site of this years Red Bull Cliff diving competition;
- and several coves where you can see seal pups and their mothers!
- From along the cliff walk you will enjoy wonderful views of the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path as it stretches West to St Davids Head and the islands beyond and to the North East with Strumble Head light shining in the far distance.
- If the weather is kind, Ireland may also be visible.
- The leisurely pace (we’ll take about 2.5 hours with stops to watch the seal pups) and outstanding views will convince you that you will want to explore more of the exceptional Pembrokeshire coastline.
- The walk will be led by Ian Pattinson from Discover Walking Pembrokeshire: he is an experienced guide and walk leader and will explain about the industrial history, geology, flora and fauna of the area!
Terrain: Initially steps to the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path and then compacted earth track.
Additional Future Challenge: Ian will also explain an opportunity to walk a longer stretch of the coastal path walk, taking place over 4 days, from Fishguard to Poppit Sands (27 miles(!)) which is being planned for the future.
Clothing: Warm clothing and stout walking shoes or walking boots. Waterproofs. Water. Spare warm clothing in a rucksack is recommended.
Exact Meeting Point: Porthgain Car Park, outside The Sloop Public House. Grid reference SN815326