Flexible walking-skills packages and 4 star accredited country cottages in the Preseli mountains of Pembrokeshire – that’s our business.
The Tregynon Cottages Experience – After Making a Booking
At Tregynon Cottages we believe that the key to you receiving the right package and thus having a great holiday is to start the communications going before you arrive.
So What Can You Expect Once You Have Made An Accommodation Booking?
- Before Your Arrival: Soon after receiving your booking we will send you a Welcome Letter which will include any forthcoming events in Pembrokeshire during your stay. And we will encourage you to raise any questions or concerns at any time before your stay with us – no question is unimportant to us and we believe that each challenge has a solution. We see this initial contact as the start of relationship building which will result in you feeling part of the Tregynon Cottages ‘family’ and you having an excellent and fulfilling holiday experience with us.
- Nearer your arrival day we will ensure that you are comfortable with the directions and establish your estimated arrival time so that we are here to greet you. We will make recommendations for local restaurants and make a booking for you should you wish to eat out on your first night.
- On Arrival: we will meet you; the heating will be on; and the Welcome Pack (milk, tea, coffee, sugar and a little Welsh extra(!)) will be ready for you in the kitchen. We will either explain all that you need to know there and then, or, depending on your arrival time and journey length, we might just leave you to snuggle down and get to bed. The explanations can wait until the next day!
- The cottages and additional facilities will be ready in all respects for occupancy from 16:00. Guests can arrive at any time on their first day and drop off their luggage if they wish but access to the cottages and additional facilities can only be guaranteed from 16:00.
- On-Hand Service Throughout the Week: Hospitality is what Tregynon Cottages is about. Except, therefore, when otherwise engaged such as conducting walking skills to others or undertaking a guided walk, we will both be available to answer any questions or provide advice to you at any time. Our aim will be to ensure that we take the strain while you have the quality holiday you have paid for. We will provide local knowledge, maps with suggested walks and attractions marked on them and reference books to support you in deciding what you want to do and see. We will provide you with the daily weather forecast if you want us to and we will be happy to talk to you whenever you are ready and as many times as you want us to. A limited shuttle service is provided on alternative evenings for anyone who wish to go into Newport or a closer restaurant.
- Departing Guests: You are requested to vacate your cottage by no later than 10:00 on the day of departure although you can leave your luggage with us after that time if you wish. You will also be welcome to use the Map and Drying Rooms during your departure day if you wish although we will request that all keys and reference material are returned by 10:00 so that we can prepare for the next guests. Similarly you can leave your cars in the car park during your day of departure if you wish to get one last walk in!
- After Departure: We will request you to provide us with feedback so that we can look to build on what we did well and take prompt steps to improve on anything we may not have done well.
- During your stay we will ask you if you would like to receive information about Tregynon Cottages after your holiday has ended and we will keep in touch with you as per your instructions. We will establish whether you would like to receive periodic newsletters, e-mails and / or blogs and if so what you would like to see them include. Examples are: news on updates to the property, local events and information on our prices and discounts.
- Finally we will inform you of any upcoming accommodation discounts and ask if you would be interested in sharing any pictures that you took during your stay with us. If so we will post these for others to see and, if you are happy, we might look to include some on our website.
So What Can You Expect Once You Have Booked Up For walking Skills Or Guided Walks
- If you want to take advantage of any of our walking modules or guided walks, we will agree a date to contact you ahead of your arrival to start to flesh out which of the modules and or guided walks you are interested in. We will be keen to know about your experience to date and fitness levels and that will allow us to provide you with an estimate of the time we think you might want in the week to achieve your aims.
- For insurance purposes we will need to ask you to complete a simple Health and Fitness Questionnaire which we will keep secure and will not share with anyone else at all.